Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas list.


when i was a kid, i'd make a list for my birthday n Christmas. it was quite the production, i'd make drafts and then decorate the title line with crayons. then i'd go over it with my mom sitting in her living room chair while i stood reading it to her like a herald. finally, i'd put it in an (obviously decorated) envelope for safe keeping in her purse. 10 has always been the magic number for my lists.

in recent years, my mom and i have usually gone shopping for stuff i want/need, and then i have little stuff like a silver hammered heart necklace from my dad and books from my mom. last year was a little different, dad made me an easel. (have i ever mentioned how cool my family is?)

since i'm still dealing with my pre-Thanksgiving craving of Christmas (that i am still holding off with every ounce of self control i possess). I'll make a Christmas list on here.

1. little faceted studs in gunmetal by mikiandnora. The fake pearls my grandma gave me years and years ago are caput. the pearly finish is wearing off.


2. one trip grip. if you know me, you know that i don't grocery shop very often, but when i do, i try to plan ahead for at least 2 weeks. and i also don't like having to make a bunch of trips to carry stuff in. ba-da-bing, problem solved.


3. wellies. i love boots in general, but have been wanting a pair of these for a while. esp after going to a corn maze a few weeks ago in my suede winter boots and ending up with mud that needs to be brushed off. and let's be honest, can they be any cuter?


4. lacy slip. so, if you haven't figured it out yet, i'm LDS. we exercise modesty. however, this can be difficult with a world obsessed with skin. i have a handful of dresses that are totally adorable that i can't wear as often as i'd like because they're a little short.


5. storage bench. i have had a coffee table since 2007 that I painted myself in a pleasant sunburst pattern. however, as that i will be rearranging my apartment soon, i would like something that gives me more than a surface to eat my food on. like storage. and i love this color.


6. cups. so when i moved into my first apartment in June of 2007, my parents kindly purchased me some cool square drinking glasses. however, the walls of the glasses were very thin despite a thick, heavy bottom. at this point i only have 1 left of that original set. this leaves me with an adult swim cup from GA, a Chicago Architecture Museum cup, and little cups i made in ceramics in college.

7. canon eos rebel t3. i want a camera i can change the lenses on. and they make it in red, so why not?

 from here on out, things get a little more...abstract.
8. a road trip. next summer i want to take a full week off of work and drive. i live exactly 3.5 miles from work, as you can imagine this doesn't mean much driving for me (probably a good thing). and when i'm going home for holidays and what not, i'm in a hurry to be able to spend as much time with family as possible. in celebration of my living quarter of a century next summer, i want to:
rent a large SUV and fill it up with sleeping bags n pillows n snacks. i want to do a photo diary of it.
i want to drive from denver to the grand canyon, maybe swing by moab, to salt lake city, back across wyoming and home. i want to take my time.

9. energy. i want to do more in 2012. i want to pick up a 2nd volunteer position, maybe at the dumb friends league. i want to make strides toward getting a side business moving, such as building my portfolio and stuff. i want to start a scripture journal. i want to be a better doggy mama. i want to exercise more. etc, etc, etc (think the king and i)


10. to spend more time with my family (dogs included). since i've now been at my job for two years, i get 2 more days a year of vacation. hopefully i'll use this time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment