Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 resolutions.


so i figured i would skip the January 1 rush that peters out over the first 10 days of the year. now i'll start, haha

my resolutions are categorized.

intellectual
read 5 classic books. i bought 6 in october, i'm giving myself room to be like "forget that." to one of them.

spiritual
start a topical scripture binder. ala this.

beauty
be more polished and girly. i would probably define myself as quite rough around the edges with this one as that i am still yet to make it to work with makeup on in 2012. (side note, i have added owning a pair of Christian Louboutin heels to my 5 year goal list.)

creative
i will be joining Hollyanne & Kevin in their 52 photographs challenge. as i looked through my pictures from last year, i see a photographic voice emerging; i want to foster it by more consistently spending time with my camera.


i hope to complete 2 paintings this year. i have a couple ideas that have been stewing.  and usually my ideas that stew for months end up selling.

i want to shoot a friend with their pet(s) once a month. i think i will be able to catch 2 this month. (fingers crossed) i need to build a portfolio. so if you're reading this, you're my friend (who has a pet) and live in the denver area (or can make some time when i'm back in NE) contact me. i'm open to most pets, preferably no spiders or snakes though (if it is one of those it will be just the pet, not you interacting with it because i'm not sure i could stand it)

health
oh boy, here comes the cliche. i want to find myself back in the healthy weight bracket by summer. i wont give numbers, but i actually already started working on this in early december. my "workout motivation." Pinterest board has kind of blown up. here's a curveball though, i will be discontinuing my gym membership this month. (woohoo $26/month for something i'll actually use)

No comments:

Post a Comment