Saturday, July 21, 2012

summer to do list.

this summer is tricky for me. last year, i couldn't have cared less what was going on every weekend. i wasn't looking for fun stuff to do. i wasn't interested.
this summer, while my person is away. i keep spying things that would be SO FUN for j and i to do, but remember he's gone. i could (and will) ask friends here to go with me, but sometimes it doesn't really translate correctly to anyone but him and me.
to say that i hardly check facebook over the weekend because all the updates about "date night" turn me a kermit shade of green would be an understatement. 
so when i saw one of my favorite blogger's summer to do list a few weeks ago, i got excited. then as i started thinking of the traditional summer things and who i want to do them with, i felt discouraged. so here is a list of things that some i'll call friends, others i can do on my own, others i can do while mentoring. and as that summer is half over, i need to get on it and stop being mopey.


1. did this the other night coming home from the grocery store. i think this can only be an evening activity. i don't dig 100+ breeze to the face, and im surely not sticking my hand out in it.
2. two weekends in a row, i've said i'm going to do this, two weekends in a row i've felt like trash on saturday morning. black raspberry season is nearly up! i need to get on it.
3. i started one a long time ago. i have been digging through my brain to try and remember where i put the stuff! i also kind of want to make a small lap blanket for j.
4. i love key lime pie. specifically, i love whole foods' key lime pie. it is delicious! i haven't had any key lime pie yet this summer and i find that pathetic.
5. i finished the painting of ferdinand earlier this year, now i should probably get on the portrait of ginger.
6. there is a 7-man rugby tournament on my birthday in glendale. sounds like fun.
7. since i reached my goal of getting to see j in june, i haven't been back to the gym! one would think i dont plan on seeing him again! every night i go home thinking i should get to the gym, and then i sit down. and dont really move.
8. i have told the young lady i mentor many times that we'll go to elitch gardens. and then when im planning what we do, i never think of it. her family got her a season pass so i only have to pay for myself to get in. it's silly that i haven't gone yet.

4 comments:

  1. love your list! I am with you on #7... yikes, it's has been too long! enjoy checking off your list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have actually done really well on #7! and actually #1, by way of #7. i usually go to the gym around 7:30, so when i'm rolling out of there the sun is down and hang my arm out the window on the way home.
      thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. love it. happened to come across your blog. i've always tried to finish a to-do list but haven't done so yet. will try again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stumbled upon your blog. I love that you made a list, I think that's smart cause then you are more likely to get it done! Summer has gone by so fast and I didn't get to all my things on my list but oh well, there is always next year!

    love from NYC,

    Taylor
    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete